Cenospheres are natural occurring particles which are produced during the burning process at the coal-fired power plants as a by-product. These are lightweight, inert, and hollow sphere particles that comprise largely of silica and alumina and are filled with inert air or gases as they are classically produced as a by-product of coal combustion. Considering their size they consist of high compressive strength and thus, the Cenosphere suppliers India hoard the fly ash particles for using it as structural lightweight filler. Cenosphere holds some of the chemical and physical properties that are mentioned below. Have a look.
- Silica: 48%-75%
- Alumina: 26%-45%
- Iron: 1.5%-4.0%
- Bulk density: 0.20-.025 grams per cubic centimeter (g/cc)
- Particle size: 75-400 microns
- Specific gravity: <0.4 g/cc
- Softening point: 1040-degrees C
- Compressive strength: ~90% survival @ 2500psi
- Color: white to dark gray
Now, that you have gone through the chemical and physical properties, let’s understand that for what variety of uses the demand for Cenosphere Suppliers India is on rise.
- Lightweight aggregate –Considering the lightweight aggregate, cenospheres can be used for replacing some normal-weight sand particles because they have a density of 0.7 which is lower than water, i.e., 1.0, whereas quartz sand particles have a density of 2.65 on an approx. Moreover, there is a prime advantage of cenosphere particles over the other lightweight aggregates and it is that they are generally invisible when mixed in the concrete even if it is refined.
- Workability enhancer – As a matter of fact, cenosphere particles comparatively have small spherical particles and thus, they are treated as microscopic ball demeanors when mixed in a concrete. Blending the cenosphere particles with the normal weight concrete mix will result in the improved workability because of the ball bearing effect.
- Bulk filler – Since the Cenosphere Suppliers India deliver extremely fine coal fly ash particles, they are ideal for use in cement grout slurry as cenosphere increases the volume of grout without the need of adding more cement to the mixture and also the aggregate gradation reduces shrinkage.