One thing which has made easy to process the Cenosphere is due to its high quality and due to this it has made it free from sinkers. Thus, in Cenosphere processing plants, these are claimed before using. A Cenosphere is a substance which is light in weight, filled with air or inert gas, hollow sphere and made up of silica and alumina. The color of Cenosphere from India may differ as from gray to almost white. The density of Cenosphere is about 0.4 to 0.8 g/cm3. This property of Cenosphere gives them a great resistance. Cenosphere is hard but rigid, light in weight, waterproof, innoxiously and insulative material.
Therefore, a Cenosphere buyer from India prefers to buy Cenospheres from India having physical properties like this:
- The particle size of the Cenosphere should be 5 to 500.
- The density of the Cenosphere should be 0.45 gms/cc.
- The moisture of the Cenosphere should be less than 2.5%
- The sinkers of the Cenosphere should be less than 5%.
- Hardness of the Cenosphere should be 5-6 scale.
- Loss of the Cenosphere on ignition should be at maximum 2%.
- The melting point of it should be 1250 to 1450°C.
- The solubility in water should be negligible.
The Cenosphere buyers use this product for the following purposes such as Ceramics, Recreations, Automotive and Construction.
The Cenospheres from India are used in construction purposes such as:
- Special cement
- Roofing material
- Used in mortars
- Acoustical panels
The Cenospheres are used in Recreation purposes such as:
- Goal equipment
- Flotation devices used in Marine crafts
- Surf boards
- Bowling balls
- Lawns and garden decors
The Cenospheres are used in automotive purposes such as:
- Brake pads
- Engine parts
- Trim moldings
- Body filters
- Sound proofing materials
The Cenospheres are used in ceramics such as:
- Fire bricks
- Tiles making
- Insulation of wires
- Aluminum cement
- Material coatings
- Injection molding
- Extruding PVC flooring
- High density polyethylene
- Low density polyethylene